BAA Social Media Student Questionnaire:
Please use the following link to recommend an app to us.
Student & Parent Resources:
Program Update and Info:
There are many components to this program which we are excited to share! In short, through the integration of iPads into the classroom, students are able to experience inquiry-based learning and project based-learning on a daily basis! In translation, students have the regular opportunity to seek out answers to teacher-directed questions to enhance learning in a structured and cultivated environment. Additionally, through project-based learning, students have regular opportunities to create projects that offer greater depth of learning and mastery of content, and ultimately share their resulting projects in a stimulating environment. More benefits of offering iPads in the classroom will become evident over time, such as the ability for students to learn better collaboration and e-citizenship skills, content delivery from teachers to students, and content creation by students. To better understand what this program looks like in action, take a few short minutes and enjoy this video of what another school, Burlington High in Boston, MA experienced through the adoption of such a program: http://www.apple.com/
iPad Program Specifics:
- Families of students in grades 4 through 12 are required to purchase an iPad for each child as they would textbooks. (Specific purchasing recommendations/ requirements listed below)
- At least one guardian of each child must attend an info session prior to their child being allowed to bring or utilize their device at school
- E-Books and iBooks will be available for a moderate but growing number of courses in the high school this year, with future expansion planned. When purchasing books through the link on the school website (Also available here: http://bookstore.mbsdirect.
net/burtonacademy.htm) please consider the e-book option where available, as it offers a considerable savings. Additional e-book options may be available via Amazon (the Kindle app) and will be detailed at the family info sessions.
iPad Purchasing Requirements, Options & Pricing Info:
- Families must purchase one iPad per child.
- It is strongly recommended that families purchase an iPad Mini4, or the newest iPad. This is due to the increased functionality and the simple fact that you won’t be faced with the need to replace those devices any time soon.
- Any iPad 2 or higher model will be allowed if you already own the device (this includes the iPad Mini).
- All student iPads will be managed by the school beginning the 22017-2018 school year.
- It is strongly recommended that families purchase AppleCare+ for their device. It is an extra $99, but covers two full years of full technical support and device replacement. This even includes accidental breakage. In the event of an accidental breakage, there is a $49 deductible, but it offers peace of mind and an affordable option in case of an accident.
- It is strongly recommended that families consider purchasing from Apple via the refurbished store (Available here: http://store.apple.com/us/
browse/home/specialdeals/ipad) in order to save money. Secondly, Walmart.com frequently has exceptional prices and currently offers the iPad Mini for $189+ tax, and you can access it here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPad-mini-16GB-Wi-Fi-Space-Gray-Refurbished/34300514.
- General Pricing Info (If purchased through the link above, noting that supply varies):
- iPad Mini 4 (64/128 gig) with tax: $440 (Supply greatly varies)
- Newest iPad (64/128 gig) with tax: $470
- Initial App Purchases (approximate): $15
- Apple Care (Optional but Strongly Recommended): $99
- Cases (Optional but Strongly Recommended): $20 – $30
We thank you for your support and interest in helping make this program a success! Should you have any purchasing questions, please direct them to Aaron Long at email@example.com or on his cell at (928) 458-0910. Should you have any other questions, please contact the front office at (817) 572-0081. And lastly, we are still seeking financial support for these new programs. Please contact Darlene White at (303) 921-9251 or via email at darlene.white@burtonacademy.